Mizpah's original Sanctuary building was opened in 1928. The second building, which houses the Rabbi's office, office manager, library, Feinstein Social Hall, and kitchen on the first floor, with classrooms on the second floor, was opened in 1960.
This is the front of the Sanctuary building. The front entrance is only used on special occasions; otherwise the entry on the side from the parking lot is used. These are pictures in the Sanctuary, including a staircase from the first floor and the foyer in the back of the Sanctuary. The Sanctuary windows have a storied past which can be seen here.
the mizpah library
The Mizpah Library is located across from the administration office, in the hallway to Feinstein Hall. The Library contains a broad selection of reading materials covering religious, non-fiction, and fiction areas. Books may be borrowed at no charge to members. Arrangements will also be made for non-members interested in specific publications.
the garden of life
The Mizpah Garden is a project ongoing since 1996. Begun as a way to get members involved and create usable and attractive space where there was none, the Garden of Life was dedicated in 1999. Already, our Garden has appeared twice on the Chattanooga Garden Club's summer Garden Tour, being the first non-residence to appear so. Twice annually, in the Spring and Fall, there is a Garden Work Day, where weeding and planting take place.
Feinstein Hall is the social room. Torah study is conducted as well as most food related events. Classrooms are on the 2nd floor of this building. The kitchen in Feinstein Hall is not a Kosher kitchen, however pork and non-Kosher seafood products are not permitted in the kitchen. Rabbi's office has accommodating meeting space for one or many individuals.